Health and Fitness Clubs - UK - July 2019
Covered in this report
For the purposes of this report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- Health and fitness clubs examined in this Report are defined as being privately owned, ie operated by a company or individual on a commercial, for-profit basis.
- Where reference to the public sector is made for the purpose of comparison, public health and fitness clubs are defined as those operated by, or on behalf of, a local authority, such as a gymnasium and other facilities found in public leisure centres or swimming pool complexes.
“Growth in the health and fitness club market is being driven by low-cost operators, with little sign of the expansion of locations slowing in the short term. While people are keener than ever to take on active challenges and boost their health, intense competition is coming from the home workout market and wide range of boutique fitness studios. Traditional gyms must ensure they are utilising technology to allow members to track their progress, while providing more personal interaction from high-quality staff and personal trainers.”
– Paul Davies, Category Director, Leisure Research
This report looks at the following areas:
- Varied classes and friendly instructors are vital for boosting attendance
- The desire for tracking performance is driving the use of technology in fitness
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.