Health and Fitness Clubs - US - June 2009
Revenues and memberships for the US health and fitness club industry continue to show growth on the surface, but a slowdown in real dollar growth belies a looming decline in industry demand. New downward pressure on average revenue per member comes from the nation’s economic recession, as health clubs prepare for large scale cutbacks in consumer discretionary spending.
Analysis and insights offered include:
- How membership levels have held up in 2009 and how the perception of health clubs have changed in the last year
- Which types of club revenue are most threatened
- Which trends are gaining momentum despite the recession
- What kinds of innovations can add value for gym members
- What percentage of gym members would renew (for the industry overall)
- What are the best ways to increase membership renewal rates
- Which demographics pay the most for their memberships
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.