Health Insurance - US - July 2013
“The PPACA will have far-reaching consequences in the way Americans purchase health insurance. While not everybody is enthused about the new options, the best hope for controlling healthcare costs right now is to get as many people as possible to enroll. The most effective way for this to happen is for the government and the industry to work together.”
– Robyn Kaiserman, Financial Services Analyst
Some issues addressed in this report include:
- Will health exchanges reduce, or eliminate, the number of uninsured?
- Why pay for insurance if the penalty costs less?
- What groups offer the most potential once the PPACA is implemented?
- How can insurers encourage people to take action?
- Is there opportunity among people with employer-sponsored health insurance?
Rising healthcare costs have been a concern in the U.S. for decades, as businesses and individuals struggle to keep up with increasing insurance premiums. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) was designed to help alleviate this problem, and now that implementation has begun the jury is still out as to whether there will be any relief. The most far-reaching changes have not yet begun, however, and it remains to be seen how effective they will be. What is certain is that they will change the landscape, making it easier for people who choose to purchase insurance on their own, and challenging businesses to revisit the benefits that they offer. The success of the PPACA implementation lies in great measure on the ability of the government as well as the insurance companies to describe the new system to millions of people, many of whom either don’t want, or think they can’t afford health insurance.
This report will cover a number or topics related to health insurance, including:
- What types of insurance do Americans have now and how satisfied are they with their coverage?
- Who are the uninsured and how interested are they in buying insurance?
- How much do Americans know about the PPACA?
- What sources of information have consumers used and do they plan to use to learn about healthcare reform and their new options?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.