Healthy Dining Trends - US - May 2010
This report explores healthy dining trends in restaurants with attention to shifting consumer habits and perceptions towards health/wellness as it impacts restaurant usage. Mintel provides impactful analysis, discussion and insight including:
- Opportunities that exist for industry players to appear more socially responsible by adopting healthier cooking practices and redefining expectations of a healthy meal by focusing on flavor first
- The recession’s impact on consumer confidence and, in turn, restaurant usage and sales
- The obesity epidemic—in both adults and children—and its influence on restaurant menu choices
- The effect of recent federal government mandates that will require restaurants to post nutritional data on menus
- A look at health on the menu by nutritional claims, identifying trends among the most widely used claims as well as ones gaining traction
- How health trends are shaping consumer beverage choices, suggesting opportunities for industry players to woo customers with healthy beverage choices
- Discussion of health on the kids’ menus, revealing more nutritional choices are still needed
- How restaurant operators are marketing health on the menu using marketing claims (i.e. fresh), positive messaging and identification, and menu transparency
- How consumers are increasingly interested in health, but taste still drives ordering decisions, encouraging an abundance of indulgent menu innovations
- A comprehensive look into elements that drive successful marketing initiatives for a restaurant brand well known for its association with health and diet
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.