Healthy Lifestyles (Sugar & smoking focus) - Ireland - September 2017
“Almost half of Irish consumers believe they are healthier than they were a year ago, indicating the trend towards healthier lifestyles across Ireland. However, obesity rates remain high and physical activity is low among Irish consumers. This reflects that healthy habits are hard to adopt and even harder to maintain. Brands that can inspire consumers to continue their healthy habits for longer will create positive brand associations among consumers.”
– James Wilson, Research Analyst
This Report looks at the following areas:
- Physical health – Including both an examination of diet and exercise/activities undertaken, as well as looking at motivations that lead to a healthy lifestyle. This Report places a focus on sugar when examining Irish consumers’ diets and looking at how they maintain a healthy lifestyle. A focus is also placed on the usage of tobacco and tobacco substitute products, and their impact on Irish consumers’ health.
- Mental health – This looks at the state of positive well-being with respect to how consumers feel, and how they cope with how they feel. The scope of mental health includes, but is not limited to, eating disorders, substance abuse, schizophrenia, depression, self-harm and suicide.
- Financial health – As financial health can act as a trigger for mental health issues such as stress, this Report will examine the current state of Irish consumers’ finances and the steps that they could take to improve their financial health.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.