Healthy Lifestyles - UK - February 2011
This report explores consumers’ health habits and issues; it examines attitudes towards living healthily and identifies key drivers that prompt a change in lifestyle and popular sources of health advice and information. The level and type of employer participation in encouraging staff to live healthier is also examined.
- Healthy living is increasingly on the government and consumer agenda, but even though people are knowledgeable about how to lead a healthy lifestyle, how healthy are they really?
- This report examines the nation's attitudes to health in the broader context of other countries and compares attitudes across Europe and the US.
- Does a lack of willpower impact on people's willingness to change their lifestyles? Who is the least likely to make changes to live more healthily and who is the most motivated?
- How does the nation's attitudes towards healthy eating, dieting and exercise impact on the lifestyles of our children and to what extent do schools and employers influence our lifestyle choices?
- This report also examines how people seek health information and treat minor ailments.
- Mintel has identified four distinct consumer groups and their differing attitudes towards healthy living in respect of eating, drinking, and exercising.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.