Hispanics and household products - US - April 2016
"Hispanics’ expenditures on household cleaning products have grown modestly as a result of Hispanics’ attention toward value and a gradually diminishing sense of urgency for keeping their homes spotlessly clean as they become more acculturated and adopt a more casual attitude toward household cleanliness. However, this is not to say that Hispanics consider cleaning their homes less important, but to emphasize that there are different segments within the Hispanic market – each with different priorities and needs. Brands need to clearly define which segment of Hispanics to focus on and nurture trust there. If done right, growth in other segments may follow."
- Juan Ruiz, Director of Hispanic Insights
This report discusses the following key topics:
- There are four different Hispanic household cleaning segments
- Hispanics prioritize functional attributes when choosing what to buy
- Trust is key
This Report explains Hispanics’ approach to cleaning their homes, including their involvement in cleaning chores and their attitudes toward cleaning the house and their cleaning approach, attributes they look for in cleaning products, and attitudes toward cleaning brands.
For the purposes of this Report, Mintel defines household cleaning products as surface cleaners, dishwashing products and household cleaning equipment:
- Surface cleaners include all-purpose cleaner/disinfectant, toilet/tub/tile cleaners (abrasive tub/tile cleaner, nonabrasive tub/tile cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, lime/rust remover), specialized surface cleaners (drain cleaner, glass cleaner, spray disinfectant, oven/appliance cleaner, metal cleaner/polish), household cleaner cloths, floor cleaners/wax removers, and furniture polish.
- Dishwashing products include dishwashing liquid for hand-washing dishes, detergent for automatic dishwashers, and rinse aids for automatic dishwashers.
- Household cleaning equipment includes mops, brooms, sponges, scouring pads, gloves, and other miscellaneous cleaning tools.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.