Hispanics and Personal Care - US - August 2009
By tradition, Hispanics take pride in a sharp appearance and view it as means to success. As a result they’ve begun changing the face of the beauty and hair care industries with their unique tastes, impulse buys, and purchasing power.
A large part of this spending surge is due to the fact that Hispanic females are making huge social and economic advancements in the work place and earning more disposable income than ever before. As the tables turn in gender roles, Hispanic men are also experimenting with more personal care products. In recent years, sales of children’s shampoo indexed higher with Hispanic families than non-Hispanics, a display of their prodigious grooming habits and larger family sizes.
Readers of this report will learn:
- How much more personal care products Hispanics consume in comparison to their counterparts, as well as their loyalty to brand names over generations and across borders
- Which global brand names Hispanics are prone to buying and why multicultural advertising equals more sales with this demographic
- The dynamics behind the rapid growth of the Latino demographic that’s solidified this diverse ethnic group into a consumer powerhouse and how to best understand this group in order to reach out to them now, and for the future
- Acculturation to the US and how it impacts the way Latinos consume personal care products, including the cultural and psychological motivations behind their consumption patterns
- The differences in behavior within the various income levels, Spanish-speaking versus English-dominant Latinos in terms of which brands they buy, the quantity, the frequency, and how being bilingual further expands their exposure to advertising
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.