Hispanics and Personal Care - US - January 2011
As Mintel’s Beauty and Personal Care Consumer—U.S., January 2010 reported, the majority of the population is trading down to lower-priced brands or store brands. The same shopping pattern is not so for Hispanics. In fact, despite the recession and their lower-household income levels, in part due to Hispanics’ young median age, we found that Hispanics are sticking to their name brand personal care products like glue, even if its costs them more.
As the high number of non-Hispanic Baby Boomers continues to grow and the non-Hispanic population continues to experience a rather flat growth, the number of Hispanics’ and their buying power will only continue to increase. This means while sales lag in the personal care market, the new and young Hispanic shopper is emerging and will seek a wide range of personal care products. Given the importance they place on their appearance, marketers and retailers who invest in the Hispanic personal care market today could be dipping their dollars into the fountain of youth of tomorrow.
This report examines the core factors influencing this market:
- Variances in the consumption of personal care products that Hispanics consume in comparison to non-Hispanics, as well as their loyalty to brand names over generations and across borders
- The global brand names that Hispanics are prone to buying and why multicultural advertising equals more sales with this demographic
- The dynamics behind the rapid growth of the Hispanic demographic that has solidified this diverse ethnic group into a consumer powerhouse and how to best understand this group in order to reach out to them now, and for the future
- Acculturation and how it impacts the way Latinos consume personal care products, including the cultural and psychological motivations behind their consumption patterns
- The differences in behavior within the various income levels, Spanish-speaking vs. English-dominant Hispanics in terms of which brands they buy, the frequency of usage, and how being bilingual further expands their exposure to advertising
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.