Hispanics and Quick Service Restaurants - US - July 2019
Covered in this report
This report covers industry trends as well as Hispanics’ attitudes, preferences and behaviors surrounding QSRs.
For the purposes of this report, Mintel has used the following restaurant definitions:
- LSRs (limited service restaurants) provide food services where customers usually select and order items and pay before dining. Food/drink may be consumed on the premises, offered as carryout or delivered to the customer’s location. These restaurants may also sell alcoholic beverages. LSRs include both QSRs and fast casual restaurants
- QSRs (quick service restaurants) are used interchangeably with “fast food.” QSRs specialize in inexpensive, convenient meals that are less expensive than those available at fast casuals. There is typically no waiter service and no alcoholic beverages. Examples include: McDonald’s, KFC, Taco Bell, Wendy’s and Domino’s.
- Fast casual restaurants are characterized by a higher price point than QSRs though not as high as full service restaurants. Fast casuals do not offer waiter service and may or may not serve alcohol. Examples include: Chipotle, Panera Bread, Shake Shack and Blaze Pizza.
"The majority of Hispanics claim to be loyal to the QSRs they visit. However, there is only one group – QSR Embracers – that has a positive attitude toward the category, overall. Hispanics in other groups may need confirmation that eating fast food is right for them. Offering healthier options and technology to help guide their choices may boost positive perceptions, leading them to enjoy more of their time at QSRs and increase Hispanics’ share of expenditures."
- Juan Ruiz, Director of Hispanic Insights
This Report will cover the following areas:
- Hispanics are key to driving QSRs’ growth
- Hispanics have different approaches to QSRs
- Use the restaurant atmosphere to stand out
- Introduce technology to drive engagement
- Offer healthier options for peace of mind
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.