Hispanics and Retail - US - December 2013
“Hispanics are social shoppers. They enjoy shopping and often shop with family and friends. It is therefore not surprising that recommendations from friends and family are the single most influential factor for Hispanic buyers. Though obviously neither friends nor family, marketers have an opportunity to replicate the influence of kin through experienced sales staff and engaging social media.”
– Susan Menke, Category Manager, Multicultural
This report looks at the following areas:
- Hispanics want recommendations from family/friends, but is that all?
- With the dominance of discount retailers, where can others stand out?
- Traditional ads are less effective for electronics than other retail products
Hispanics are a large and fast-growing population who have many retail needs. Because the Hispanic population is a diverse group with a varied set of attitudes about retail shopping, there is a tremendous opportunity for marketers who can meet the specific needs of these consumers.
Readers of this report will learn:
- Important demographics of the Hispanic consumer, including how varying levels of acculturation and income affect purchasing behavior.
- Where and why Hispanics shop and the types of products and services they are shopping for.
- Where Hispanics plan to purchase certain products in the next 12 months.
- The factors that influence Hispanic consumers’ buying decisions.
- The influence that promotions have on Hispanic shopping choices.
- Marketing strategies that are most effective for Hispanic retail consumers.
The categories covered in this report include Hispanics’ consumption of groceries, apparel and footwear, electronics, household products, and personal care products, and their attitudes toward what they purchase.
In discussing their attitudes about themselves, we also address their attitudinal differences by language preference. In this report we’ll look at consumption habits by language, income, and gender and provide insights for targeting each segment of the Hispanic population. We will also discuss and provide examples of trends and opportunities.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.