Hispanics - Feeding Their Kids - US - October 2016
"When feeding their kids, Hispanic parents want to feel in control. However, that is not always possible as the foods they feel comfortable serving their kids are not the same their kids like and Hispanic parents need to make compromises. The discrepancies in expectations can create some tension when kids ask for foods they like and they can be vocal when they don’t get what they want. Hispanic parents handle the dynamic differently depending on which attitudinal segment they fall into in regards to feeding their kids – Liberal, Independent, or Conservative."
- Juan Ruiz, Director of Hispanic Insights
This report discusses the following key topics:
- There are three types of Hispanic parents
- No matter what parents think, kids are in control
- Parents and kids don’t agree on what is good food
This Report provides analysis and insights on the attitudes, perceptions, issues, and behaviors Hispanic parents have toward feeding their kids. For the purposes of this Report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- Parents are both single and married, both mothers and fathers
- Where significant, other adult caregivers in households who influence and impact feeding are considered
- Children are aged 3-17
- Eating in-home and on-the-go – food prepared and eaten in the home or prepared at home to eat outside the home (snacks, on-the-go, packed lunches).
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.