Hispanics Online - US - February 2009
Hispanics are becoming internet users at a rapidly increasing rate. Just as surprising is their usage level and the time they spend doing different activities on the web. Online Hispanics top the charts in using new online initiatives and technology vis-à-vis non-Hispanics who are also internet users. They spend more time using new online tools and concepts like blogs and social networks. There are significant differences in how online Hispanics consume online media in contrast to non-Hispanics even when different demographics, online attitudes and behaviors are considered. Hispanic internet users continue to look for content that is increasingly relevant and connects with their cultural aspirations. Marketing successfully to online Hispanics requires marketers to understand the different segments of Hispanic consumers as it pertains to language, income, education, and levels of acculturation that are unique to this segment of the online population.
Readers of this report will learn:
- Key online media consumption differences between Hispanics and non-Hispanics
- Important characteristics on how Hispanics get online such as; place, technology platform, and frequency
- Attitudes and behavior of online Hispanics and how usage varies by level of acculturation, income, and age
- Hispanics’ attitudes and behavior towards online advertising, types of media used and online consumption of advertising by levels of acculturation
- Online purchasing differences between Hispanics and non-Hispanics, including types of products purchased, dollars spent, payment methods, and e-commerce activities by Hispanics’ levels of acculturation
- Websites frequented by Hispanics by type of site and language
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.