Holiday Planning and Booking Process - UK - October 2011
“Austerity and rising costs could encourage a shift away from purely price-driven commoditisation towards a stronger emphasis on quality. In other sectors, such as clothing for example, consumers are buying less but buying ‘quality to last’. This can also be an effective marketing approach for holidays – ‘less is more, investing in life-long memories…’”
– John Worthington, Senior Analyst
Some questions answered in the report include:
- How can travel companies respond to consumer preferences for booking late or early?
- How can travel marketers respond to the age of austerity?
- What is the role of the ‘personal’ in the online travel booking world?
- Is mobile travel booking over-hyped?
- Are holiday bookers no longer motivated by green/ethical concerns in difficult economic times?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.