Home Delivery - UK - June 2010
This report focuses on home delivery of food and drink (where drink is being ordered with a meal). Such a service typically involves the placing of an order by telephone, via the internet, via interactive TV (iTV) or in person.
- A quarter of people, often older women, have ordered a home delivery but not in the last three months. These consumers expect home deliveries to offer them something different from what they’d normally cook at home. So, additional focus on creating and marketing ‘specials’ should help home delivery operators reignite interest among this group.
- More than one in eight people have never had food/drink delivered but would consider it. The group tend to be over 55-years-old, retired, wealthy and often from one-person households. Selling a range of grocery products, such as milk and newspapers, alongside their own home delivery food menus could help operators appeal to these affluent consumers.
- Adding lighter dishes to the menu can help operators attract the 13% of people who say they would order more home deliveries given healthier options.
- A quarter of consumers have cut back on takeaways/ home delivery to save money.
- Consumers are increasingly tech-savvy. The number of consumers who have ordered a home delivery via the internet or mobile technology has risen to 13%
- Young men are ordering takeaways/ home deliveries because they felt like staying in and couldn’t be bothered to cook. In contrast, women order takeaways/ home deliveries because home deliveries and takeaways make a nice change from what these women would normally eat.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.