Home Office - UK - November 2009
- Working at home is a major driver for buying home office furniture. Over one in five online adults (7.7m) work at home at least some of the time.
- Home office furniture is mostly found in multi-function rooms such as living rooms and bedrooms. Less than one in five (6.3m) have a separate study.
- With the trend towards laptops, more computers are being used without office furniture. Only one in ten (3.9m) had office furniture in more than one type of room, but just under three in ten households have two or more computers.
- With home offices mostly occupying rooms with other uses, more compact home office furniture is required. Half of online adults (17.5m) want it to occupy as little space as possible and one in five (7 million) want it hidden away when not in use.
- The health benefits of office chairs giving good back support should be better promoted: 46% (16m) consider this important when choosing home office furniture.
- Home office furniture needs to come in a range of style options and be less ‘office-like’. Just under a third (10.9m) would be influenced by it matching the décor of the rest of the room.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.