Home Storage Solutions - UK - December 2016
“The UK’s homes are getting smaller, but people have more and more possessions. Home storage has become an integral part of every home, serving to help households run smoothly, take control of their surroundings and keep on top of clutter. By storing things better, tasks around the home, including cooking, become more pleasurable. Good storage solutions even prove to be a way of easing household tensions which can arise from sharing storage space. Today’s younger householders want storage to form part of the décor of their rooms, leading to increased demand for home storage products that are decorative as well as practical.”
– Jane Westgarth, Senior Market Analyst
This report discusses the following key topics:
- Home habits are creating demand for innovative storage
- What is the impact of private renters on demand for home storage?
- Arrival of children boosts demand for storage
For the purposes of this Report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
This Report looks at attitudes towards storage solutions in the home, particularly additional storage items rather than mainstream items of furniture. It includes:
- Storage drawers and shelves
- Hall storage eg coat hooks, rails, stands, shoe racks
- Additional rails, hangers and soft storage for wardrobes, temporary wardrobes, clothes rails
- Additional storage items for kitchens eg hanging racks, hooks, spice racks, cutlery organisers
- Attractive storage boxes and baskets that can be left on display
- Utility storage eg plastic crates
- Ornamental storage eg utensil holders, coffee and tea containers for the kitchen, toothbrush holders for the bathroom
- Food storage eg freezer boxes, lunchboxes, drink/hot beverage containers, cake tins
- Organiser boxes with compartments eg sewing boxes, hobby organisation
- Bins and laundry baskets.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.