Hot Beverages - Ireland - July 2011
Ireland is renowned as a nation of tea drinkers, with amongst the highest levels of consumption per capita globally, the average person drinking around four cups per day. Although coffee consumption is typically less prevalent than tea, the rise café culture across both NI and RoI, is set to drive up the at home coffee market, with industry analysts indicating that there will be a growth in consumption of premium coffees in-home, as consumers replicate the coffee shop experience at a lower cost.
Some key themes in the report include:
- What is the most popular hot drink? Ireland is typically a nation of tea drinkers – has the rise in coffee culture from the US and UK impacted the market? Are there opportunities for marginalised hot drinks, such as hot chocolate, to grow their share of the market?
- Who are the main consumers of hot drinks? Consumption will typically be skewed towards older consumers, but are there differences across the gender divide? Will those in full-time employment be more likely to drink tea or coffee, or will retired consumers drink more malted drinks or herbal teas, to avail of their energising/calming properties?
- Are health concerns affecting the market? Is uptake of herbal teas promoting health benefits? Are people cutting down on caffeine?
- How do hot beverages hold up against competing drinks markets? How is the hot drinks market performing compared to soft drinks, with the latter having experienced significant growth in recent years?
- Does Ethical matter to Irish hot beverage drinkers? How important is it to consumers that their hot drink product be organic or Fair-trade? Is this merely reflective of the Eco or Ego Inspire trend?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.