Hot Dogs and Sausages - US - April 2013
“A third of respondents to Mintel’s survey say they would eat more hot dogs and sausages if they were more nutritious. This presents brands with an opportunity to add value to their products by incorporating nutritious elements such as vitamins, minerals, fiber, or some other type of nutritious ingredient.”
– John N. Frank, Category Manager, Food and Drink Reports
Some questions answered in this report include:
- Can hot dogs and sausages be positioned as more nutritious?
- How can brands get consumers to think outside the bun?
- How will more consumers perceive hot dogs as an affordable meal?
- Should leading franks brands consider all-natural brand extensions?
The U.S. market for hot dogs and sausages is driven primarily by demographic factors, including households with children and black consumers, who report the most likelihood to consume these products. The recovering economy and health considerations, such as the obesity epidemic and concern about the role in the epidemic of products like hot dogs and sausages, also factor into sales. This report focuses on these factors, and provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- competition from meat alternative products
- how sausages maintain higher sales than hot dogs
- how supermarkets retain the highest share of the market
- marketing strategies from the leading hot dog and sausage brands
- innovations in the market, including healthier products and unique flavors
Additionally, this report features close analysis of the Experian Marketing Services NCS/NHCS, as well as revealing data from Mintel’s exclusive consumer survey, pinpointing important categories such as consumption, occasions for eating, consumer attitudes and behaviors, and analysis of the role of race/Hispanic origin in the market.
This report will cover hot dog and sausage products. This includes:
- prepackaged frankfurters/hot dogs
- prepackaged frozen or refrigerated breakfast and dinner sausages.
Take a look inside a sample report to see what you will receive: Download now.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.