Hotels - China - September 2013
“China’s hotel market has grown rapidly in recent years, and future growth prospects also look good, but there is also rising competition in the market. While the number of Chinese people travelling for work and leisure has increased, driving the dramatic increase in new hotel openings, hotel chains now face catering to the needs of an increasingly diverse range of travel needs and differentiation among hotel users."
Matthew Crabbe, Director of Research, Asia-Pacific
Some questions answered in this report include:
- What is the current state of the hotels market in China, how fast has it been growing and which sectors of the trade have been showing the strongest growth?
- Which are the leading hotel chains by size of networks, and what have the leading chains been doing to innovate in order to attract consumers, and build their brands?
- What are consumers’ behaviour and attitudes towards hotels and travel accommodation, and what do they look for from their stay experience?
- Where are the opportunities for developing increased brand recognition and room occupancy among the different kinds of travellers, and what makes them choose hotels?
- How can providing a wider variety of better quality services help suit the needs of more different types of travellers?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.