Hotels in Australia and New Zealand - February 2018
“So far, most of the major international chains, led by AccorHotels, have established at least a toehold in the Australian market, as well as in New Zealand, but to a lesser extent. Accor has further solidified its leading position with its bid to acquire Mantra Group. Prince Hotels, a leading Japanese hotel chain, has been the latest to enter the Australian market through its purchase of StayWell Hospitality Group. Now the question is: will the Chinese hotel chains enter the market?”
- Jessica Kelly, Senior Tourism Analyst
This Report looks at the following areas:
- How will the current economic, geopolitical and regulatory environment impact the hotel sector in Australia and New Zealand?
- What has been the recent trend in arrivals and overnights in hotels in Australia and New Zealand?
- What is the breakdown of hotel capacity by country/region in Australia and New Zealand?
- What has been the recent trend in hotel performance in Australia and New Zealand?
- Which are the main hotel groups in the region and what is the nature of their hotel portfolios?
- How extensive is the presence of foreign hotel chains in Australia and New Zealand?
- What are the prospects for more hotel chains to enter the Australia and New Zealand hotel market?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.