Household Appliances - Ireland - September 2019
Covered in this report
This report examines the types of major domestic appliances and smaller kitchen/ household appliances that consumers have bought within the last three years.
MDAs include the following:
- Fitted and freestanding
- Refrigeration appliances, ie fridges, fridge-freezers and freezers including wine coolers
- Cooking appliances, ie ovens, hobs, cookers using gas and/or electricity
- Laundry appliances, ie washing machines, tumble dryers and washer-dryers
- Microwave ovens
- Small kitchen/household appliances include:
- Table-top cookers
- Food processors
- Coffee machines
- Irons etc.
- The definition excludes:
- Major domestic appliances sold via the trade or as part of a housing transaction
- Vacuum cleaners and other electrical floor cleaning equipment
- Cooker hoods and extractor fans
- Other fitted electrical appliances for kitchens such as grinders, boiling water taps
“Sales of domestic appliances have increased between 2014 and 2019 as consumer confidence in NI and RoI continued to improve in the aftermath of the economic downturn. Moving forward consumers are shown to be more concerned with the environment, and likely will see their purchase decisions guided by energy efficiency, recyclability and other green credentials.”
- Brian O’Connor, Senior Consumer Analyst
This Report examines the types of major domestic appliances and smaller kitchen/ household appliances that consumers have bought within the last three years.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.