Household Care Packaging Trends - US - January 2014
“Innovations in packaging and product form that simplify everyday household chores stand a good chance of capturing the attention of category shoppers. Results, however, are just as important as convenience.” – John Owen, Senior Household Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- Can laundry detergents offer both simple dosing and personal control?
- What are the opportunities for sustainable packaging?
- Could packaging encourage people to do more cleaning?
Household care product packaging does much more than just hold the product. Packaging and product form are increasingly essential components of consumers’ experiences with household care brands and are important platforms for new product development. Leading competitors across household care categories are leveraging packaging innovation to answer a variety of consumer needs, including making household chores easier, enabling more sustainable living, and saving money.
This report explores a variety of topics related to packaging and product form, including:
- The acceleration of packaging-related new product launches in recent years
- Consumer preferences in terms of dosing and dispensing
- The reasons behind the purchase of both standard- and large-size packs in key household care product categories
- Attitudes and behaviors concerning household care product packaging and sustainability
- The labeling communication elements that receive the greatest consumer attention before purchase
For the purposes of this report, Mintel will cover trends in household care product packaging, including packaging types commonly used for laundry detergent, hard surface cleaners, and dishwashing products. In addition, household care product labeling and claims are discussed, particularly as they relate to themes applicable to the report.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.