Household Cleaning Products: The Consumer - US - May 2010
This report analyzes exclusive, up-to-date consumer research to examine usage, attitudes and purchasing behavior relative to household cleaners including wipes, surface sprays, all-purpose cleaners and a range of more specialized cleaning products. It includes trended data to show how consumer behavior has been evolving, especially in the wake of the recession. Market drivers such as the introduction of new products and the evolution of the “green” marketplace are also explored.
The exclusive consumer research (analyzed by gender, age, income, ethnicity, and for moms and dads) probes questions including:
- What brands are favored for cleaning products including: all-purpose sprays, abrasives, wipes, window/glass cleaners, rug deodorizers, in-tank and in-bowl toilet cleaners, floor wax/polishes and liquid drain cleaners? How does brand preference vary for key demographic groups?
- Who cleans the house, and which groups have been most likely to increase hands-on cleaning and reduce use of professional cleaners?
- Which types of cleaners are most widely used and how has usage for specific products been evolving from 2001-09?
- Which consumers are most likely to use household wipes and how do different groups view them in terms of effectiveness for quick pick-ups and larger clean-up jobs?
- Which groups are most interested in wipes in handy travel packs?
- Which groups are most likely to seek out and use “green” household cleaning products?
- How do consumers view green cleaners in terms of value and effectiveness?
- Which consumers prioritize antibacterial products? Time-saving products? Scented and scent-free products?
- Which consumer groups seek out child-safe products and what are consumer attitudes towards these products?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.