Household Paper Products - China - July 2016
“The two main reasons hindering consumers from using niche paper products such as moist toilet paper and kitchen wipes are low relevance and substitutable alternatives, indicating that companies need to prioritise market education if they plan to grow in these subdivided markets.”
– Yujing Li, Senior Research Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- What is the next step for moist wipes in China?
- Opportunities for driving more usage of kitchen paper products
- How can moist toilet paper better engage with consumers?
This Report provides analysis on the behaviour of household paper product consumers. It illustrates which purposes drive consumers to use moist wipes and what reasons encourage consumers to use kitchen paper products. In the meantime, Chinese consumers’ attitudes towards household paper products and their reasons for not using paper products from niche segments are also investigated in this Report.
For the purposes of this Report, Mintel defines household paper products as follows:
- Facial tissue: this includes soft-packed and boxed facial tissues, paper handkerchiefs and moist wipes;
- Toilet paper: this includes dry toilet paper, dry toilet sheets and moist toilet paper;
- Kitchen paper: this includes kitchen towels, kitchen wipes, paper napkins and serviettes.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.