Household Paper Products - US - February 2012
The household paper products market slumped during the recession, and subsequent down economy, as consumers did without non-essentials like paper napkins, and focused on buying inexpensive store brands. However, in the last year the market has seen an uptick, which may mean consumers are slowly showing renewed interest in buying premium products and will be looking for innovation like earth-friendly alternatives and products that provide feel-good comfort and care.
Nevertheless, store brands are here to stay, having made lasting in-roads and convinced consumers that these products provide the same quality as national brands and often with the same amount of panache. Moving forward, we may find these two brand types become increasingly similar in offerings and style, meaning branded offerings will have to work even harder to differentiate themselves.
This report closely examines a variety of factors impacting the household paper products market, including:
- Households’ likelihood of using paper towels, paper napkins, toilet paper and facial tissues
- How the presence of children in the household affects use of paper products
- How age and income level affect brand loyalty
- Which paper products consumers feel are worth paying more for
- The consumer type that is willing to pay more for better quality paper products
- Attributes for each paper product that are most important to consumers
- The consumer demographics that show interest in trying eco-friendly paper products
- How race/ethnicity affects paper product use
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.