Household Paper Products - US - October 2010
The $13.6 million household paper market, including toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, napkins and towelettes, has seen sales drop in 2009 and 2010 as consumers seek to further economize, and dollar sales erode through private label competition in a mature market. This report analyzes these and other trends seen over the past five years and examines how demographic shifts, green living trends and innovation within segments and brands are likely to shape the market through 2015. It explores the performance of major suppliers and retailers and examines both major national brands and private label offerings. This report also offers insights into branding and advertising, as well as innovations in sizing, packaging, design, kid-friendliness, eco-friendliness and retailing.
Consumer data is analyzed by key demographic factors including age, income, gender, household size, children in household and race/Hispanic origin to examine questions such as:
- What have been the trends in usage of different household paper products over the past five years? Within the household, who is the primary purchaser?
- What is the average monthly usage of toilet paper, paper towels, tissue and napkins? Which households consume more each month? For each major segment, which brands are preferred by specific consumer groups?
- Where do different groups purchase their household paper products?
- What product qualities or perceived qualities shape consumer preference for national brands?
- How is the economic downturn shaping consumer usage and purchasing of household paper products? Which groups, for example, seek out products on sale, buy in bulk or buy the most sheets per roll?
- What are the top considerations of different consumers: price, durability, style, color, brand, eco-friendly materials or other features?
- Which groups show the greatest interest in buying eco-friendly household paper products and spending more for “green” brands and products?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.