Household Surface Cleaners - US - November 2016
"The market for household surface cleaners is mature, with a growth rate that is being outpaced by inflation. Convenience of multi-surface cleaning and antibacterial power are the leading attributes most consumers look for in surface cleaners, but secondary benefits such as scent, packaging, and natural ingredients are important among niche groups. These attributes represent opportunities for brands to distinguish and promote products, which will be central in driving future sales."
- Stephen Brown, Household Analyst
This Report discusses the following key topics:
- Slow growth in sales of surface cleaners outpaced by inflation
- Shifting attitudes and changing household surfaces phase out laborious cleaners'
- Decline in families could further challenge category sales
For the purposes of this Report, Mintel defines the household surface cleaner market as follows:
- All-purpose cleaner/disinfectant
- Toilet/tub/tile cleaners (abrasive tub/tile cleaner, nonabrasive tub/tile cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, lime/rust remover)
- Specialized surface cleaners (drain cleaner, glass cleaner, spray disinfectant, oven/appliance cleaner, metal cleaner/polish)
- Household cleaner cloths
- Floor cleaners/wax removers
- Furniture polish
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.