Ice Cream - Brazil - April 2018
"After years of decline, the ice cream market should grow again in 2018, so brands need to be prepared to meet consumers’ demands, which have changed. In order to do so, brands can invest in unique textures and flavors that add value to products and help improve customer loyalty, as well as healthy options for consumers concerned about their health. Furthermore, it is also important to offer more affordable products to stimulate the market in terms of volume, developing, for example, cheaper packages, generic options of well-known ingredients, and low-cost distribution formats.”
- Ana Paula Gilsogamo, Food and Drinks Analyst
This Report looks at the following areas:
- Nonessential categories tend to take longer to recover from a recession
- Health problems may negatively affect ice cream consumption
- Premium brands and high added value products can be impacted
- Innovative flavors and textures can appeal to consumers
- Health concern can boost consumption of healthy ice creams
- Ice creams can explore consumption as a snack
- Search for healthy items can be a stimulus to try organic ice creams
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.