Ice Cream - Brazil - January 2013
“The ice cream category in Brazil needs to start associating the product with ‘healthy’ claims through the use of different Brazilian fruits as ingredients. Another key thing is to find a way to end the seasonal consumption of ice cream. Highlighting the ‘natural’ aspects of fruit, it is possible to make consumers associate ice cream with something that is not harmful to their health, since it is made with natural ingredients and therefore can be consumed with no guilt. Regarding seasonality, the category needs to make consumers remember that ice cream is not just for hot days—it can also be a great dessert option for other occasions. It is important to generate brand visibility throughout the year, not only during summer months, so that consumers can start breaking this paradigm.”
– Naira Sato, Senior Food Analyst
In this report, we will answer the following key questions:
- How can the concept of “health” be promoted in the ice cream market in a relevant way to grow sales?
- Brazilians in the rapidly growing socio-economic groups DE still show low levels of ice cream consumption. What do companies need to do to change this scenario?
- The ice cream category in Brazil is still considered very seasonal, with low consumption levels compared to other countries. How is it possible to overcome seasonality and raise consumption?
- Can the values favored by young adults (boomerangs) be exploited by the ice cream category in order to increase consumption?
- How can ice cream brands more effectively target women by positioning themselves as a way to treat themselves in the midst of increasingly hectic lifestyles?
- Is there a potential for premium ice cream to expand to the Northeast region of Brazil?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.