Ice Cream Shops - US - December 2009
This report explores the ice cream shop market—identifying key developments that are changing consumer habits and usage with consideration of the current economic climate and competitive threats.
The report considers a range of topics, including the following:
- The size of the market and its potential for growth
- Opportunities for ice cream shops to maximize their exposure and cultivate a stronger following
- The impact of competitive threats (packaged ice cream, foodservice desserts, other treat-based snacks) on ice cream shops
- The impact of the recession on restaurants, and in particular, ice cream shops
- The effect of demographic shifts (age, Hispanic origin/race and presence of children in HH) on the industry
- Key brands, how they are endeavoring to differentiate themselves, who they target, and plans for retail expansion
- Advertising and promotional strategies being employed to attract consumers, including a focus on social media
- Innovations among ice cream shops that take a traditional approach (seasonal inspirations, fun) and straddle health and indulgence (flavor exploration, wellness positioning)
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.