Impact of Private Label in the Online Food and Drink Market - US - February 2019
"Private label share of food and beverage sales at traditional store-based retailers has made solid gains in the past couple of years, driven by retailers’ efforts to strengthen their store brands, but hasn’t moved dramatically over the past five. The continued shift to more online grocery shopping, however, has the potential to disrupt the relatively stable relationship between name brands, retailers, and private label, creating opportunities for retailers that offer shoppers value for their money and a simplified shopping process."
- John Owen, Senior Food & Drink Analyst
This Report looks at the following areas:
- Most food and beverage shopping still happens in-store
- Online shoppers less likely to be motivated by price
- Most frequent online shoppers least likely to purchase store brands
- Online grocery shoppers a little more likely to stick with name brands
- Online shoppers’ positive views of store brands point to further gains
- Online shoppers open to a range of store-brand concepts and tactics
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.