In-store Bakeries - US - August 2010
In-store bakeries (ISBs), or on-site bakeries located in grocery stores, mass merchandisers or other food stores, are an important channel for the sale of breads, cakes and other baked goods and are expected to generate more than $11 billion in revenue in 2010. The ISB is well positioned to take advantage of the natural and organic demands of today’s consumer, especially as they increasingly expect to find these products in the supermarket and not just specialty stores. This report offers in-depth perspectives and recommended strategies for success in the ISB market, including:
- Market size and segmentation: Historic and projected sector revenue for 2005 through 2015 shows how ISBs have fared through the recession, as well as expectations for growth for the next five years
- Market drivers: Mintel identifies a number of factors external to the ISB market that are influencing it
- Competitors: The main competition for ISBs still comes from the store bakery aisle, but the role of coffee shops and QSRs has been growing
- Retail channels and key players: The report notes how the increasing number of ISBs in mass merchandisers and club stores is altering the relative position of these store types vs. the traditional bastion of ISBs, the supermarket
- Consumer behavior and needs: Drawing on survey data from Mintel's proprietary consumer surveys, the report offers an overview of consumer behavior, attitudes and preferences regarding ISBs, with detailed discussion of how specific demographic groups are using ISBs
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.