Inbound Tourism - UK - November 2012
“Amongst Olympic visitors, the European proportion was slightly lower than the ‘normal’ inbound visitor profile, the North American proportion was significantly higher than normal and the proportion from other countries also higher. The Games, relatively speaking, gave more of a boost to inbound long-haul travel. This may offer UK tourism authorities a future opportunity to capitalise on the increased level of interest from non-European visitors, tempting them back for further trips or engaging them as brand ambassadors for the UK.”
– John Worthington, Senior Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- Could the Pound’s partial recovery against the euro change the game for inbound leisure travel?
- What other forms of accommodation, apart from hotels, have benefited from rising inbound holiday demand?
- Are APD tax rises having an impact on inbound leisure tourism?
- How can the ‘inbound tourism jam’ be spread more widely through the UK?
- Many overseas consumers prefer Italy or Spain as holiday destinations, so how can the UK compete?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.