Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Air Care market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
What you need to know
Potential for growth
India features among the top five fastest-growing air care markets in terms of retail sales over the past five years (in local currencies). In 2017, it stood at INR7.46 billion with a CAGR of 12.7 (2013-17). However, per capita consumption is lowest at $0.09 vs $17.4 for US (2017).
Through emotional wellbeing
Modern lifestyles and conditions seem to take a toll on consumers' lives. Rising air pollution, lifestyle-induced stress and other issues seem to have an impact on one's physical and emotional wellbeing. Aromatherapy has proven to be effective in preventing or postponing lifestyle-related conditions.
In an environmentally friendly way
Globally, botanical/herbal claims and environmentally friendly products top the new launches. The same holds true for India in addition to aromatherapy and premium claims. Growing awareness about air pollution will force brands to re-think their role in maintaining air quality when considering fragrance.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Minu Srivastava, a leading analyst in the Household sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Air care players in India have been trying to educate consumers on the need to use an air care product. As a result, the category became very defined and limited to specifics – odour-masking, for guests or for a specific space such as the bathroom, car or closet.
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Key drivers
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Chapter 1: Air care usage and attitudes
- [Graph] India: Air care products used (any use) in last 12 months, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Select air care product usage frequency, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Select air care products not used in last 12 months, by parent status, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Select attitudes towards air care, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Select attitude towards air care, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Select attitudes towards air care products, August 2018
- Chapter 2: Ideal air care innovations
- [Graph] India: Select functions of an ideal air care product, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Flavour component group, by region, 2018
- Who's innovating
- Global innovators
MINTEL INDIAN CONSUMER – OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.