Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Beauty Consumer market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Beauty sector is booming…and so is the competition
- Popular brands compelled to go the natural/Ayurveda route in India
- Innovative skincare and hair products for men are firing up the category
What you need to know
Booming beauty and wellness industry
India is one of the largest consumer markets in the world.. Beauty and wellness in India is growing with an expected value of INR 803.7 billion by 2017-18 (approximately $12 billion). Besides importance on appearance and rising spends; naturals, start-ups and men's grooming are also driving the sector.
Natural is here to stay
Botanical/herbal is the top claim for new products launched in India under hair and facial skincare. Moreover, 'all-natural product' and 'vegetarian' claims are also gaining a foothold in India. Globally, the majority of products operate in the beauty enhancement space, while in India this a function of natural, functional and beauty.
Men in spotlight
Men's grooming is under the spotlight with a plethora of new product launches, innovations, and new entrants over the past few years, catapulting the category into a high-growth trajectory. Skincare and hair products are the engines driving this growth indicating the steady acceptance of other men's products.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Minu Srivastava, a leading analyst in the Beauty sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Customised recommendations and offerings, distinguishing genuine from fake products and claims, are the need of the hour to ensure satisfactory product experience. The rising awareness of beauty products, increasing premium on personal grooming, changes in consumption patterns and lifestyles and improved purchasing power are driving the industry. The growing natural trend and easy accessibility and omni-channel presence ranging from neighbourhood stores, supermarkets, online and such are expanding the pie further.
Consumer Research Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- [Graph] India: BPC new product launches, Global vs India, Dec 2015-Nov 2018
- Key drivers
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- [Graph] India: New product launches with 'male' claim, by categories, 2015-17
- Overview of women beauty consumer groups
- [Graph] India: Mean time spent in minutes on an average day by Savvy Naturalist, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Mean time spent in minutes on an average day by Indecisive Hesitators, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Select attitudes towards beauty, by segments, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Select personal care lifestyle statements, by segments, April 2018
- All about hair and skin: Savvy Naturalist vs Indecisive Hesitator
- [Graph] India: Select haircare and facial skincare product usage, by consumer groups, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Select attitudes towards haircare, by groups, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Product features considered while purchasing haircare products, by group, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Select facial skincare behaviour in past 12 months, by groups, April 208
- [Graph] India: Percentage point difference on select facial skincare behaviour (Indecisive Hesitators - Savvy Naturalists), April 2018
- [Graph] India: Percentage point difference between (Savvy Naturalist - Indecisive Hesitator) on facial skincare benefits sought, April 2018
- Overview of Mens' consumer groups
- [Graph] India: Agreement with select grooming attitude statements, by consumer groups, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Select top hair products used by Grooming Enthusiasts, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Select top facial skin care products used by Grooming Enthusiasts, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Select top associations with 'Natural', by women consumer groups, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Select top associations with 'Natural', by men consumer groups, April 2018
- Who's Innovating
- Global Innovators
MINTEL INDIAN CONSUMER – OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel Indian Consumer provides a range of market information, explaining the key drivers behind the market and how global trends impact the Indian landscape.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues in the Indian market.
Mintel Indian Consumer provides key innovation insights from brands and manufacturers, and explores opportunities to learn both from the Indian market and abroad, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.