Covered in this report
The COVID-19 pandemic has underscored the importance of having a strong immune system. Drinks categories such as citrus juices and dairy drinks, which are traditionally known to boost the immune system, have the opportunity to further reinforce their importance. Use immunity-boosting Ayurvedic ingredients and herbs to boost naturalness, as 27% of metro consumers are interested in beverages with added natural ingredients.
All reports purchased from the Mintel Store now come with free access to our COVID-19 Global Insights Hub, allowing you to understand how industries and consumer behaviour is changing worldwide.
What does the COVID-19 Global Insights Hub give you access to?
- Over 450 pieces of research (with more published each week) addressing markets across the globe.
- Discover how people in countries at different stages of the crisis are adjusting to the 'new normal'.
- Trending industries which have seen growth due to the changes in circumstance.
- Our latest consumer research surveys, allowing you to see customers views right now.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Rushikesh Aravkar, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Better-for-you innovations offering functional benefits beyond hydration and thirst quenching will help beverage brands stand out in this cluttered category. Rushikesh Aravkar
Food & Drink Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Key drivers
- Product usage
- [Graph] India: Out-of-home beverage consumption, Dec 2019
- [Graph] India: Consumption of carbonated soft drinks, Dec 2019
- [Graph] India: Consumption of carbonated soft drinks, by city tier, Dec 2019
- [Graph] India: Consumption of juice, by select occasion, Dec 2019
- [Graph] India: At-home vs out-of-home consumption of dairy drinks, Dec 2019
- Attitudes to better-for-you beverages
- [Graph] India: "It is hard to know which beverages are healthy", % of consumers, Dec 2019
- [Graph] India: Agreement with select statements about better-for-you beverages, by region, Dec 2019
- [Graph] India: Agreement with select statements, by socioeconomic groups, Dec 2019
- [Graph] India: Interest in beverages with natural ingredients, by age group, Dec 2019
- Day part requirements
- [Graph] India: Select beverage attributes for morning day part, by city tier, Dec 2019
- [Graph] India: Beverage attributes for morning occasion, Dec 2019
- [Graph] India: Select beverage attributes by day part, Dec 2019
- Purchase channels
- [Graph] India: Purchase channel for beverages, Dec 2019
- [Graph] India: Select purchase channels for beverages, by city tier, Dec 2019
- [Graph] India: Purchase of beverages at kirana stores, by select demographics, Dec 2019
- [Graph] India: Beverage purchase at roadside shops, Dec 2019
- The better-for-you opportunity
- [Graph] India: Select claim categories in beverages*, Mar 2018-Feb 2020
- [Graph] India: High/added protein claims in select beverage categories, March 2018-Feb 2020
- [Graph] India: Functional – immune system claim in beverage categories, global vs India, Mar 2018-Feb 2020
- Target day parts to drive consumption
- Global innovations
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.