Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Biscuits market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
What you need to know
Look at targeted innovation
Brands needs to stand out from their competition, and understanding the specific needs of everyone within a household will allow them to provide targeted offerings to each demographic individually.
Balance health and indulgence
Offer biscuit options that allow for healthy snacking. Leverage the benefits of low-calorie and multigrain variants, address specific health concerns – like diabetes – to capture a ready audience, and provide better-for-you ingredients to allow for permissible indulgence.
Cater to the busy consumer
Sixty-one percent of Indians consume biscuits on the go. To this end, there is a need for brands to provide packaging that is not only attractive, but also functional. Develop resealable packaging that is easy to carry around, for example.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Natasha Kumar, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Reposition the humble biscuit in households – for example, through the inclusion of added nutrition – to ensure they adhere to current trends for health and permissible indulgence.
Create bundled packs that can appeal to every member of the family, since household preference is a key driver of biscuit consumption.
Food & Drink Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Key drivers
- [Graph] India: Retail volume (m tonnes), 2012-22
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Innovate in healthy biscuits
- [Graph] India: Consumption of healthy biscuits, by region, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Consumption of low-fat/low-calorie biscuits, by age and gender, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Consumption of multigrain biscuits by age and gender, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Agreement with select statements about biscuits, by region, August 2018
- Customise offerings by demographics
- [Graph] India: Consumption of different types of biscuits, by region, August 2018
- [Graph] India and Global: Savoury biscuit launches, 2016-18
- [Graph] India: Agreement with 'I want biscuit packs that are suitable for my kid's snack box', by consumers with kids between the ages of 5-17 in their household, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Share of products with 'plus' claims, 2017-18
- [Graph] India: Top flavours in sweet biscuits, 2018
- [Graph] India: Select consumption and attitude towards biscuits, by age, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Select factors influencing purchase of biscuits, by age, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Select attitudes and consumption of local ethnic biscuits, by region, August 2018
- Who's innovating
- Global innovations
Mintel indian consumer – other reports available
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel Indian Consumer provides a range of market information, explaining the key drivers behind the market and how global trends impact the Indian landscape.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues in the Indian market.
Mintel Indian Consumer provides key innovation insights from brands and manufacturers, and explores opportunities to learn both from the Indian market and abroad, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.