Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Bodycare - Indian Consumer market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
What you need to know
Oiling has been a traditional ritual in India
Oiling is inculcated as a habit of Indian consumers, with most consumers using coconut oil as a head-to-toe nourishing product. Even today, 77% Indian consumers use coconut oil vs 39% who use body lotion.
Taking care of the face is primary
The face care category has always been stronger than bodycare in India. Claims in facial care are more about taking care of certain aspects, whereas for bodycare, it is mainly about hydrating. Changing that picture is the key to penetrating this category.
Pollution is a growing concern
With the growing pollution levels in India, and launches of global products that target specific pollution concerns, Indian consumers are turning their attention towards looking for claims related to pollution care in bodycare products.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Rimpie Panjwani, a leading analyst in the Beauty and Personal Care sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Modernise traditional products with functional benefits to appeal to consumers. Keep coconut oil as the cornerstone of the category, followed by talcum powder
Senior Beauty and Personal Care Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- [Graph] India: Bodycare, foot care, hand care launches, 2016-18
- [Graph] India: When do you apply the following products? Please select all that apply.
- [Graph] India: Formats and textures in body, hand and foot care, 2016-18
- [Graph] India: Body powder* top five claims, Jan 2016-Apr 2019
- Key drivers
- [Graph] India: Top sub-category launches in skincare, Jan 2017-May 19
- [Graph] India: Bodycare products with UV protection and pollution claims, 2016-May 2019*
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Chapter 1: Oil users vs lotion users
- [Graph] India: Oil vs lotion users, by age, 2019
- [Graph] India: Oil vs lotion users, by region, 2019
- [Graph] India: Top five claims lotion users look for when they purchase bodycare products, 2019
- Chapter 2: Features and benefits
- [Graph] India: Sun protection and anti-pollution benefits sought for in bodycare products, by marital status, 2019
- Chapter 3: Body powders
- [Graph] India: Bodycare launches in powder format*, 2016-18
- [Graph] India: Talcum powder vs prickly heat powder users, by gender, 2019
- [Graph] India: Talcum powder vs prickly heat powder users, by region, 2019
- Who's innovating
- Global innovators
MINTEL INDIAN CONSUMER – OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.