BPC Ingredients - Indian Consumer Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the BPC Ingredients market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Educate consumers about safety of ingredients
- Declare ingredients as per Drugs & Cosmetics Act
- Launch bundle packs with ingredients that consumers recognise
- Engage the consumer with do-it-yourself (DIY) kits that are based on home ingredients
What you need to know
Capitalise on the 'natural' wave - Build on the awareness of ingredients among consumers. Digital revolution led by social media and internet penetration has provided an impetus to awareness.Consumer awareness and preference for natural/herbal products has led companies to go the natural route.
Innovate with packaging formats - Offer easy-to-use packaged home remedies to time-pressed consumers who look for convenient, quick solutions. Only 20% of Indians use home remedies, primarily due to how time-invasive they are. Address these concerns in a modern manner.
Offer on-the-go kitchen remedies - Utilise modern day formulations and packaging to make it easier for users to adopt age-old kitchen ingredients. Kitchen ingredients such as turmeric, aloe vera, tulsi (basil), lemon etc have long been used in India for beauty and personal care in their raw forms.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Rimpie Panjwani, a leading analyst in the Beauty sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Offer consumers ingredients that they look for and are familiar with. There are a number of ingredients that consumers relate to, and they understand the benefits of these ingredients because they have been using it for years.
Leverage the opportunity for demand for natural ingredients in beauty products as 54% of 45 years+ women agree natural brands are safer than mainstream brands..
Consumer Research Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- [Graph] India: Top claims in beauty and personal care
- [Graph] India: Launches by ingredient origin claim
- Key drivers
- [Graph] India: Product launches with free-from claims
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Awareness of ingredients
- [Graph] India: Preference to use natural/organic products, by tier and gender, April 2018
- Detail the ingredients
- Kitchen ingredients and home remedies
- Who's innovating?
- Global consumer preference and innovations
- [Graph] Europeans desire products made with local ingredients, 2018
- [Graph] Global vs South Korea: skincare launches with 'soothe' claim, 2015-18
MINTEL Indian consumer - OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel Indian Consumer provides a range of market information, explaining the key drivers behind the market and how global trends impact the Indian landscape.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues in the Indian market.
Mintel Indian Consumer provides key innovation insights from brands and manufacturers, and explores opportunities to learn both from the Indian market and abroad, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.