Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Breakfast Foods market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Entry of Swiggy and Zomato
- Transition to traditional breakfast options
- Packaged breakfasts need to adopt a multi-pronged approach to cater to consumers' needs
What you need to know
Address freshness and authenticity
A majority of Indian consumers eat breakfast at home. Brands can encourage packaged breakfast consumption by highlighting the authenticity and freshness of their products.
Innovate in packaging formats
Brands can look at:
- On-the-go packaging
- Portioned bento box-style meal kits
- Small SKUs of different options, in larger bundled packs, that provide breakfast every day
Cater to Indian taste buds
Innovate in the area of ingredients to cater to the new-age consumers. Irrespective of Western or traditional breakfast options, brands need to create an edge by innovating through ingredients. Focus on healthier and time-efficient options.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Natasha Kumar, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Provide traditional breakfast options for consumers while maintaining the authenticity and taste. Brands can leverage the benefits of aggregators such as Zomato and Swiggy to provide ready-to-heat breakfast options to consumers at their doorstep.
Food & Drink Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Key drivers
- [Graph] Select countries: Retail volume contribution of hot breakfast cereals to total breakfast cereals, 2016
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Occasions of consumption
- [Graph] India: Select locations of breakfast consumption by consumers for more than once a week, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Select breakfast option made at home by frequent and infrequent consumers, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Agreement to breakfast eaten at fast food outlets more than once a week, by age group, August 2018
- Traditional breakfast
- [Graph] India: Select breakfast options commonly eaten at consumers' homes, by region, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Consumption of select Indian packaged breakfast options, by region, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Consumption of select packaged Indian breakfast options, by age, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Agreement to which attributes would encourage you to eat packaged breakfasts more often, by traditional and Western packaged breakfast eaters, August, 2018
- Western breakfast
- [Graph] India: Consumption of select Western packaged breakfast options, by region, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Consumption of instant breakfast options in the last 6 months, by age, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Consumption of select packaged breakfast options, by marital status, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Consumption of select packaged breakfast options, by region, August 2018
- Who's innovating
- Global innovators
MINTEL Indian consumer – OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.