Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Cheese - Indian Consumer market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
What you need to know
Foodservice for cheese
Cheese is one of the key ingredients used in a lot of dishes in both quick service restaurants and street food stalls. For this reason, a significant portion of consumers only understand cheese as an add-on.
Artisanal cheese can increase exposure
The rise of fresh and cured artisanal cheese can give the category a new lease of life. Brands can educate and expose consumers to different types of cheese and how to use them.
Incorporate added value
Globally, brands have leveraged the health benefits of cheese. Additionally, cheese can be made fun with formats and shapes. Intense flavour and texture combinations can increase trial among Indians.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Natasha Kumar, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Enhance the role of cheese as an ingredient through customisation. Add value through flavours, formats and health benefits, and introduce cheese as a snack
Food & Drink Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- [Graph] India: % of launches of various cheese types, 2016-18
- [Graph] India: Top five modes of cheese consumption at home or outside, Aug 2018
- Key drivers
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Consumption of cheese
- [Graph] India: Consumption of cheese in the past six months, by age group, Aug 2018
- [Graph] India: Consumers who have had cheese in the past six months, by region and city tier, Aug 2018
- [Graph] India: Modes of cheese consumption at home or outside, Aug 2018
- [Graph] India: Consumers who have not had cheese in the past six months, by socio-economic group, Aug 2018
- [Graph] India: Cheese types bought for consumption at home, by region, Aug 2018
- [Graph] India: Types of cheese bought for consumption at home, by city tier, Aug 2018
- [Graph] India and global: % of cheese launches by sub-category, 2018
- [Graph] India: Consumption of different cheese formats, by region, August 2018
- [Graph] India and global: % of cheese launches, by format, 2018
- Barriers to cheese consumption and opportunities for upgrade
- [Graph] India: Agreement with the statement "Cheese is expensive", by user types, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Agreement with selected statements about cheese, by user type, Aug 2018
- [Graph] India: Agreement with selected statements aboutcheese, by user type, Aug 2018
- [Graph] India: Agreement with statements about cheese, by city tier, Aug 2018
- [Graph] Global and India: % of launches with functional and added claims, 2018
- Who's innovating
- Global innovations
MINTEL INDIAN CONSUMER – OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.