Chocolate Confectionery - Indian Consumer Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Chocolate Confectionery - Indian Consumer market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
What you need to know
Align with government initiatives
Incorporate regulation changes being led by the government. This is in line with consumers becoming health-conscious in how they indulge. Look at reduced-sugar alternatives in chocolate. There is scope for innovation with more functional benefits that can be linked to the core ingredient or to inclusions in the chocolate.
Opportunity for more occasions
While chocolates already enjoy a special place in celebrations in India, there is opportunity to expand this further. This can be done by looking at snacking and on-the-go occasions through innovations in flavour and textures. In fact, chocolates can even be looked at as dessert options after dinner in place of traditional sweets.
Diversification of the chocolate portfolio
The rise of dark chocolate and increased investments by big players indicate that this trend is here to stay. Additionally, there is a rise in single-origin, gourmet and artisanal chocolate by start-ups in different pockets across India, which are indicative of the premiumisation in the category.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Natasha Kumar, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Balance portfolios with healthy functional chocolate and indulgent flavours. Explore more consumption occasions, like snacking and dessert.
Food & Drink Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- [Graph] Global: Top six countries and India, per capita volume consumption of chocolate, 2019 (forecasted)
- [Graph] India: Share of chocolate launches by sub-category, Aug 2016-Jul 2019
- [Graph] India: Top growing claims in chocolate confectionery, Aug 2016-Jun 2019
- [Graph] India: Consumption of different chocolates, by frequency, May 2019
- Key drivers
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Consumption habits
- [Graph] India: Consumption of different chocolate types in the past three months, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Consumption of chocolates, by frequency of consumption and age, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Consumption of chocolates, by frequency and city tier, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Consumption of chocolates in the past three months, by gender, May 2019
- Attitudes and behaviours towards consumption
- [Graph] India: Reasons for consumption of chocolates, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Reasons for consumption of chocolate, by city tier, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Attitudes towards chocolates, by age group, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Attitudes towards chocolates, by parent status, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Attitudes to chocolate consumption, by city tier, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Attitudes to chocolate consumption, by region, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Innovations in chocolates consumers would be interested in trying, by region, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Top five growing flavour components in chocolate confectionery, Aug 2018-Jul 2019
- Who's innovating
- Global innovations
MINTEL INDIAN CONSUMER – OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.