Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Digital Trends market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Bridge the gender digital divide by targeting women
- Build on the convenience and ease of the digital world
- Online marketplace brings everything to the doorstep
- Increased investment will boost e-commerce in India
What you need to know
Indians join the digital revolution - Affordable smartphones and data plans have led to 52% of urban Indians owning a smartphone.There is a strong future in digital payments ahead, despite just 12% of urban internet users engaging in online financial transactions. While currently offered in urban areas now, digital payments will benefit as online services expand.
Make a compelling case for e-commerce - Enhance e-commerce services with improved user experience and safe payment gateways. Compel consumers to make e-commerce 'a way of life'. FDI in the e-commerce space has led to intense competition with consumers set to benefit. 33% of Metro Indians shop online for clothes, which shows the potential for growth.
Provide a safe digital world - A safe online platform which protects user data in addition to its services is the need of the hour. Safety guidelines for new users is important to avoid online fraud. Digitisation has had its own share of issues. Online service providers must overcome concerns related to data breaches, transaction fraud, and identity theft
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Nidhi Sinha, a leading analyst in the Technology & Media sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Improve the online shopping experience. Design e-commerce sites for the small screens of mobile. Consider voice-recognition, offer guarantees, no-hassle returns. Just 25% of internet users purchased clothing, footwear or accessories online in the past three months. Fewer bought electronics (15%) or beauty/personal care products.
Head of Content - India Consumer
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Key drivers
- Global trends and how are they playing out in India
- Technology ownership across India
- [Graph] India: Personal technology ownership, by gender, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Personal technology ownership, by working status, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Household and personal technology ownership – Select items, by family type, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Technology ownership – Select personal and household, by region, April 2018
- Online communication and content consumption
- [Graph] India: Online communication activities – Select items, by gender, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Online content consumption – Select activities, by all and homemakers, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Online content consumption – Select activities, by age, April 2018
- Role of e-commerce in India
- [Graph] India: Online purchases – Select items, by age and gender, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Online activities and consumption – Select, by age and gender, April 2018
- Who's innovating
- Global innovators
MINTEL Indian consumer - OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.