Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Emotional Wellbeing market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Emotional health gains importance
- Indians need help to manage their time
- Potential convenient, everyday solutions
What you need to know
Longer lives give rise to new health concerns
Indians are living longer now, but new health issues have emerged as a result of changing lifestyles. Communicable diseases are on the decline while lifestyle diseases, such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease, have become the leading causes of death.
Awareness grows with widespread health messaging
Constant health-related messaging has made urban Indian consumers more aware of health issues. Because living healthier is a top priority in the coming years, Indians will be open to products that can demonstrate real improvements.
Opportunity to develop holistic solutions
As emotional health becomes more important to consumers, they will want solutions for these issues that are less medicinal and more holistic. There are opportunities for products and services that offer solutions that are simple and already a part of everyday routine.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Ranjana Sundaresan, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
As Indian consumers become more aware of stress and its effects, emotional wellbeing will gain greater importance. This is where brands can step in with products aimed at combatting stress.
Food & Drink Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Key drivers
- [Graph] India: Contribution of major disease groups to total deaths, 1990 and 2016
- [Graph] India: Top goals over the next three years, February 2018
- [Graph] India: Top positive contributing item groups to industrial production growth, November 2017
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Consumers’ health concerns and perceptions
- [Graph] India: Top health concerns, February 2018
- [Graph] India: Select activities done for a healthy lifestyle, by health perceptions, February 2018
- [Graph] India: Select health concerns, by health perception, February 2018
- Urban Indians are stressed out about stress
- [Graph] India: Stress as a health concern, by gender and health perception, February 2018
- [Graph] India: Select goals of homemakers, February 2018
- Tired Indians need an energy boost
- [Graph] India: Select health concerns, by household income, February 2018
- [Graph] India: Select activities for a healthy lifestyle, by health description, February 2018
- [Graph] India: Tiredness/fatigue as a health concern among women, February 2018
- Digesting tummy troubles
- [Graph] India: Digestive health as a concern, by region and Tier 3, February 2018
- [Graph] India: Features of interest on packaged food/drink labels, all vs those with digestive health concerns, February 2018
- Who's innovating
- Global innovators
MINTEL Indian consumer - OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel Indian Consumer provides a range of market information, explaining the key drivers behind the market and how global trends impact the Indian landscape.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues in the Indian market.
Mintel Indian Consumer provides key innovation insights from brands and manufacturers, and explores opportunities to learn both from the Indian market and abroad, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.