Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Financial Outlook market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Help senior consumers save on household expenses to spend more
- Use mutual funds as an investment instrument to help consumers save and spend smartly
- Use a weak currency to your advantage – boost domestic industries and improve export growth
What you need to know
Leverage the positive health of India's economy
Consumers echo a very positive economic sentiment with 71% managing their finances well and 23% being positive about making much more money next year. The Indian economy is currently the strongest it has ever been. A stable political environment along with investment and a strong GDP make India an attractive destination.
Cater to evolving aspirations
Devise offers to serve the evolving needs of consumers. Encourage indulgence among people. 77% of consumers have disposable money, which they like to spend across dining (23%), purchasing clothes (22%) and holidaying (21%). Create packages to offer multi-functional services as per consumer group (students, homemakers, seniors).
Focus on low tier cities for future growth
Cater to the new age population stemming from the small cities in India. Tier 2 and tier 3 cities are growing at an accelerated pace. 75% of consumers in tier 2 cities are positive about their finances next year. Government initiatives to build 'smart cities' and improved infrastructure are key drivers to the growth in these cities.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Nidhi Sinha, a leading analyst in the Content sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
India has an overall positive economic sentiment. Government initiatives, backed by growth across industries, are being echoed by consumer sentiments. More than 70% of consumers are in a comfortable economic situation with a promising future. Brands need to strategise to fully utilise these sentiments. They should target diverse groups, like people in smaller towns and homemakers, as they have money and are keen to spend if there is 'value for money'.
Head of Content
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Key drivers
- [Graph] India: Overall GPD growth rate and per capita income, Jul 2015-Jan 2018
- Global trends and how they're playing out in India
- Financial situation – current and future
- [Graph] India: Current financial condition, by age, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Current financial condition, by gender and marital status, April 2018
- Expenditure behaviours
- [Graph] India: Consumer spending, select behaviours, April 2018
- [Graph] India: Consumer spending behaviour, by working status, select purchases, April 2018
- What's trending?
- [Graph] India: Growth of debit and credit cards, 2018
- Global innovators
MINTEL Indian consumer - OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.