Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Healthy Lifestyles - Indian Consumer market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
What you need to know
Societal pressure to 'look good'
Help consumers live up to the societal pressures of looking good. 41% of consumers want to live a healthy life in order to look good. Instill healthy living as a means to achieve health and good looks
Growing lifestyle concerns
India has the highest number of diabetics in the world. Growing urbanisation and development has led to added stress and imbalance between work and life. The impact of environmental change and the ill effects of urban development has led to a surge in lifestyle diseases.
Surge in the number of gyms and fitness classes
Increasing income levels and rising awareness among consumers has led to a spike in enrolment in gyms and fitness classes. Although only 16% of consumers exercise regularly, the rise in fitness classes indicates people's desire to get fit.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Nidhi Sinha, a leading analyst in the Lifestyles sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Help Indian consumers become healthy without making drastic changes to their regular lives. Emphasise the need for overall fitness, inclusive of mind and body.
Head of Content - India Consumer
Table of contents
Table of contents
- [Graph] India: Top healthy claims, % of launches, 2016-19
- Key drivers
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Top priorities
- [Graph] India: Top priorities, by age groups, % of consumers, Feb 2019
- [Graph] Top priorities by gender
- [Graph] India: Top life goals, by working status, Feb 2019
- Steps for a healthy lifestyle
- [Graph] India: Steps taken to lead a healthy lifestyle, by gender, Feb 2019
- [Graph] India: Steps taken towards leading a healthy lifestyle, by city tier, Feb 2019
- [Graph] India: Top goals, by employment status – select, Feb 2019
- Motivations and barriers towards living a healthy life
- [Graph] India: Motivations to lead a healthy lifestyle, by city tier, Feb 2019
- Local innovations
- Global innovations
MINTEL INDIAN CONSUMER – OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.