Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Juices - Indian Consumer market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Packaged juice has low consumption
- Which can be tackled with added health benefits
- And expanding occasions and flavour profiles
What you need to know
Clean label is picking up
With ITC Foods' 'concentrate-free' campaign, brands are being pressured to consider the composition of their products and how consumers perceive them. The presence of added sugar will also come under scrutiny in the future.
Launch of ethnic drinks
Major brands like Haldirams and Dabur are launching ethnic drinks inspired by local and regional cultures and eating habits. This, coupled with the use of seasonal ingredients, will create its own segment in the packaged juice market.
The entry of SIG Combibloc Group is going to revamp packaging opportunities for juices and beverages in general. The ability to add small inclusions means brands have another way of introducing freshness and added health benefits in packaged formats.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Natasha Kumar, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Introduce added health benefits and ethnic flavours to compete for fresh juice consumers.
Food & Drink Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- [Graph] Global and India: Total volume consumption per capita, 2019 (projected)
- [Graph] India: Top growing claim categories as a share of juice launches, Aug 2016-Jul 2019
- Key drivers
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Consumption behaviour
- [Graph] India: Consumption of different types of juice, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Consumption of different juice types by frequency, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Consumption of different types of juice by age group, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Consumption of different juices by city tier, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Consumption of different juice types by region, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Consumption of different juice types by parent status, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Occasions for consumption by city tier and region, May 2019
- Triggers and attitudes
- [Graph] India: Triggers for consumption of juice, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Triggers for consumption of juices by city tier and region
- [Graph] India: Consumption of juice to energise before/after exercise, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Features that influence purchase of packaged juices, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Select attitudes towards juices, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Agreement with 'Juices from seasonal fruits and vegetables are healthier than regular packaged juices', by city tier, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Agreement with 'Regular packaged fruit juices contain too much sugar', by age group, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Select functional claims as a share of juice drink launches, Aug 2016-Jul 2019
- [Graph] India and Global: Share of juice launches carrying vitamin/mineral-fortified claims, Aug 2016-Jul 2019
- [Graph] India and Global: Share of juice launches carrying energy claims, Aug 2016-Jul 2019
- [Graph] India: Top 10 growing flavours in juice drinks, Aug 2016-Jul 2019
- Who's innovating
- Global innovations
MINTEL INDIAN CONSUMER – OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.