Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Marketing Beauty to Women - Indian Consumer market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
What you need to know
Changing role of women in IndiaEconomic and social changes in Indian society have led to a paradigm shift in the position of women. Women are much more independent and have more of a say in household matters than ever before. They are decision makers and are keen to 'look good' at all times
Ever expanding beauty landscape
As technology advances, so too has India's beauty landscape. A steady economy and FDI has led to strong growth in the retail segment of the economy. The surge of start-ups and social media has given a new angle to the beauty industry. Niche beauty brands aimed at specific segments, such as new moms, advertise through social media.
Need to modernise traditional beauty products
The demand for naturalness and Ayurveda has led Indian women to return to their roots, but in modern packaging. Innovations in format and packaging with age-old ingredients is the new demand among evolving consumers
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Nidhi Sinha, a leading analyst in the Beauty and Personal Care sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Meet women where they shop most to help drive consumption. Break the stereotypical beauty image and make it more inclusive of age and skin type
Head of Content
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Key drivers
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- [Graph] India: Projected increase in number of one-person households in selected OECD countries, %, early-2000s to 2025-30
- Beauty is basic in India
- [Graph] India: Beauty and personal care purchase, by age, Feb 2019
- [Graph] India: Consumption of beauty products, by employment status, Feb 2019
- Retail channels for beauty purchases
- [Graph] India: Choice of retailer for beauty products, by age, Feb 2019
- [Graph] India: Preferred choice of retailer by region
- Product expectations
- [Graph] India: Key purchase factors for beauty products, by age, Feb 2019
- [Graph] India: Top 10 clains in skincare, % launches, 2017-18
- [Graph] India: Top 10 claims in colour cosmetics, % launches, 2017-18
- [Graph] India: Key purchase factors for beauty products, by region, Feb 2019
- Local innovations
- Global innovations
MINTEL INDIAN CONSUMER – OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.