Men's Grooming Behaviour - Indian Consumer Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Men's Grooming Behaviour market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Communicate convenience and simplicity for metro men and aspiration for upcoming tier cities
- Opportunity for more 'male-targeted' products based on Indian men's appearance-related concerns
- Adopt a unique marketing-mix strategy to address an evolving and inconsistent men's grooming market
What you need to know
Men under spotlight
As per a 2018 report by ASSOCHAM, the male grooming industry is currently at INR 168 billion in India. It is expected to touch INR 350 billion in the next three years, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of about 45%. It is estimated about 40-45% of total salon business comes from men's treatment.
Start-ups, product innovations fuel the category
Online start-ups like Beardo, Ustraa, the Bombay Shaving Company, and others are firing up the category with product innovations. They are disrupting and challenging the FMCG players by going the online route, beyond basic grooming products and expanding into skincare, beard care, and such.
The shift: Cool to sport beard/moustache
Focus action and attention on grooming men's facial hair. Brands, especially start-ups, are making the beard/moustache a new fashion statement. Movie actors and athletes like Siddarth Malhotra, Shahid Kapur, Virat Kohli, and others are also influencing and shaping up the trend.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Minu Srivastava, a leading analyst in the Beauty sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Men's grooming has always been about basic grooming products such as deodorants and shaving/depilatories. However, with quite a large number of start-ups disrupting the market with product innovations such as beard wash, beard oil, beard wax, styling, and grooming products specially designed for men, India is set for an evolution of men's grooming.
Consumer Research Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Key drivers
- [Graph] India: New product launches with 'male' claim, by categories, 2015-17
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Appearance, concerns, and benefits sought
- [Graph] India: Mean time spent in minutes on appearance, by tier, April 2018
- Attitude and behaviour towards grooming
- [Graph] India: Agreement with select statements about appearance, May 2018
- [Graph] India: Agreement with grooming behaviour, May 2018
- [Graph] India: Amount of time spent compared to last year, May 2018
- Local innovators
- Global innovators
MINTEL Indian consumer - OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.